Anyone tried this?

Robb

Site Supporter
I know there arent many k11s on here between 2000-2002 but is it possible to put a gearbox from a 1.0 or 1.3 (98-00) on a 1.4 (second facelift model)?

Its def got a bigger box in the 1.4 was thinkin to myself how much quicker it would be with a nippier one on. LOL.

1.0 boxes are diffrent...have diffrent drive shafts (basiclly 1.3 shafts are stronger) but shafts are diffrent full stop iirc. i dont there is much of diffrance between the 1.3 and 1.4 boxes...might be the same iirc

just to confuse things !
my misses 1.0 basic 96 k11 has the early g/box with a low ratio diff (screams at 70 even with 155/70/13,s)
my 1.0 micradot 94 has the early g/box with a high ratio diff (cruises at 70 with smaller 165/55/13,s)
my 95 super s had the later g/box (totaly different casting with a 4 inch steel cover bolted on the outer end) with a high ratio diff

the earlier boxes wont fit on your 1.4. the flywheels are different, so the starter motor wont fit right. and you can't uses an earlier fly either. but don't quote me on any of this. cos it may fit, but i doubt it.

Back