Antifreeze... Question.

drummersiy

Deactivated Account
Hello just woundering how much carplan antifreeze to put in?

i got a 1 litre bottle.. and the micra holds 5.5 right ?

was thinking half of the bottle or all of the bottle ?

cheers

righty... well its blue and its antifreeze winter summer stuff its had pink green and so on colour aint the issue and reading the back on %ages and 1 part this and 3 parts that is just anoyin :D

Usually the Cooling system will hold a 50/50 mix. if you're unsure about how much Antifreeze is in the system (too much causes overheating) just mix some up with water in a Large plastic bottle and top up :)

First of all make sure its the same colour as the old anti freeze, then follow the instructions for dilution.

WHy the same colour?

just wondering really?

i like information to have facts behind why they are made.

always wondered why people make comments but dont support them

hmm

WHy the same colour?

just wondering really?

i like information to have facts behind why they are made.

always wondered why people make comments but dont support them

hmm

eye but i learn to ignor on here now :D

im just going to put the whole 1litre in tbh seems ok :)

he may be right though!

im not saying he isnt - i would just like to know why this makes one blind bit of a difference

jut i think i have been miss sold at hal-frauds

she mentioned the blue one matching the colour of my eyes or some thing

i feel like i have been done now - dont want my engine to blow up

i liked the pink one better too :(

its about how much money u got lol the Carplan stuff is blue but u can get some red stuff thats like all great.. does more but its antifreeze.. lol stop water freesing and stops the water eating ur engine.. its not like engine oil or fuel..

:)

lots of confussion here i think.

so red anti freeze is the best as the rust inhibitors last longest in it.

blue (the most common) is used the most as its cheap but also can be used in pretty much all cars but the inhibitors dont last long and as a result need replacing more often.

ive always used a 50/50 mix in all 4 of my k10's and its without doubt how it should be.

so all you need to know is 50/50 and red stuff. 1l will NOT be enough and the car will no doubt over heat. you need 2l min in the system. ;)

1l will NOT be enough and the car will no doubt over heat. you need 2l min in the system. ;)

load of ########. Im running no anti-freeze and its never overheated. proper mixture should be 50/50 but just put a litre in and it will be fine. putting not enough in will not make your engine spontanously crumble nor will it ever freeze, england isnt cold enough!

load of ########. Im running no anti-freeze and its never overheated. proper mixture should be 50/50 but just put a litre in and it will be fine. putting not enough in will not make your engine spontanously crumble nor will it ever freeze, england isnt cold enough!

Well congrats for taking the risk....

Now do as the Speedle says...

Hey dude....ain't my engine! ^^

Why take the risk?

I'm gonna be undersealing all the important parts of my motor...but I don't think it's going to disintergrate overnight...

guys why this turn into a bad argumentitive debate..

and reading the bottle ohhhhhhh read the whole thread Alan.

:D anyways 1L 2L is ok case closed! thankyou please

if it holds 5.5 litres and you put 1litre of anti-freeze in, you will have to top up with 4.5litres of water, giving you 1:4.5 if it says 1 part anti freeze to 3 parts water, you will need approximately 1.5 to 1.75 litres of anti freeze and top up with water, I think it's 1.83litres topped up with water to give you a proper 1:3 ratio.

if it holds 5.5 litres and you put 1litre of anti-freeze in, you will have to top up with 4.5litres of water, giving you 1:4.5 if it says 1 part anti freeze to 3 parts water, you will need approximately 1.5 to 1.75 litres of anti freeze and top up with water, I think it's 1.83litres topped up with water to give you a proper 1:3 ratio.

your goood :)

Back