Another white LX

CMF_OZChris

» CMF Member
Hi All

Just bought a '96 white LX with the intent of light weighting, some mods and heading to the track.

Great site.

Post pics soon, but really it's another white one :)

Cheers
Chris

CMF_OZChris

» CMF Member
climberjoel WROTE:

"haha, no idea why they are upside down, but 14 inch globe (replicas?) on a white lx? Thats exactly what I'm running as daily wheel too :)

<a href="https://micra.org.uk/cmf/message/64013" title="https://micra.org.uk/cmf/message/64013" target="_blank">https://micra.org.uk/cmf/message/64013</a>

although those tyres look pretty big, are they 185 60 r14?

Cheers. yeah wheels are 13" reps (centre caps say MRW Australia) - tyres are shagged, just trying decide what size.

CMF_climberjoel

» CMF Member
175 50 r13 Yokohama AD08's would be nice :) Im looking at going to 13's myself as I think 15's are too large on a k11.

Nice work though, they look sweet. are the photos upside down on your computer or only when you upload? you could try setting up a photobucket account (its free) then either linking or embedding from there.

CMF_OZChris

» CMF Member
climberjoel WROTE:

"175 50 r13 Yokohama AD08's would be nice :) Im looking at going to 13's myself as I think 15's are too large on a k11.

Nice work though, they look sweet. are the photos upside down on your computer or only when you upload? you could try setting up a photobucket account (its free) then either linking or embedding from there.

Thanks, I'll use photobucket in the future. Images were good on my PC :(

CMF_OZChris

» CMF Member
At least the offset seems okay, now to find some tyres :)

Untitled.jpg

CMF_OZChris

» CMF Member
Need some advice, the passenger side front caliper is just touching the wheel. Looks like the casting lip on the caliper - can I just shave a little bit off? Otherwise, spacers or worse new wheels - definitely cannot use AD18s/22s with these wheels :(

CMF_OZChris

» CMF Member
climberjoel WROTE:

"nice one, but my experiance is you need the covers which cover the back of the brake lights... if not everytime you brake it lights up the car! :D

(might be my jap lights tho...)

Dark outside now, better check - thanks :)

/edit not too bad, we'll see how it goes

CMF_OZChris

» CMF Member
Things got expensive this week :)

99B6BD61-223B-4F42-B091-AF90C36032C7-22567-000016CDC0E51B8C.jpg

67786203-9EC7-4105-80CE-3A7F6788B8B8-22567-000016CDA85CD010.jpg

A question for those with coilovers and/or BCs, do the rear springs stay captive when jacked up?

Time to book in for some track work soon ...

CMF_Greo

» CMF Member
OZChris WROTE:

"Things got expensive this week :)

A question for those with coilovers and/or BCs, do the rear springs stay captive when jacked up?

Mine did have a habit of slightly shifting whislt being jacked up, but if you watched them when you lowered them they normally seated back where they were supposed to. Stayed captive just on occasion sat oddly.
I ended up zip-tie'ing them and now they seat as they should.

I have a set of G4s.

CMF_OZChris

» CMF Member
Greo WROTE:

"OZChris WROTE:

Mine did have a habit of slightly shifting whislt being jacked up, but if you watched them when you lowered them they normally seated back where they were supposed to. Stayed captive just on occasion sat oddly.

I ended up zip-tie'ing them and now they seat as they should.

I have a set of G4s.

Thanks, they did seem to reseat when lowered :)

CMF_OZChris

» CMF Member
climberjoel WROTE:

"hey chris you can adjust the shock body length to keep them captive.

did you go for 6kg and 4kg springs?

Thanks

I went with what Just Jap had in stock, i will check tonight

/just checked, 4 3 according to the box

Back