another manifold candidate

hoopdub

Club Member (Trial)
1.8 mondeo mk3. very slight difference in spacing, but when its cut between them that gap will pull/press up easy, and theres plenty of meat on the flang itself to be redrilled to the micra pattern. also stick out from the head just as far and goes straight down, could mate up with the standard down pipe easy enough :D

20120925_121429.jpg

20120925_121450.jpg

20120925_121539.jpg

Corr the joys of working in a dismantlers. I bought a C20XE manifold recently as per the Maxi Micra, although mine looks a bit different than his, a lot of work and outside of my current abilites.

That Mondeo one is neat for sure.

ye seen the maxi one, bit to much faffing with that one for me :D this one doesent seem to be much work to get it to fit, 10 mins with a grinder and a little welding this should be on :D will see what i can come up with at the weekend. also a lot more readily available than the red top type :D

woop woop need to go investigate so, just hope theres one in the local scrappy :)

is the mani mild steel or a low grade stainless, looks like there is a high enough chrome content that its held its shine
Sent from... My phone

woop woop need to go investigate so, just hope theres one in the local scrappy :)

is the mani mild steel or a low grade stainless, looks like there is a high enough chrome content that its held its shine
Sent from... My phone

Ummm, cant answer that one, looks like mild steel to me, but i may be wrong :S

i just ask because if i were to get one id want to get it welded to a new flange and maybe work on the down pipe

Sent from... My phone

ye a few more checks and you would have to add a bolt on a few of the to make the original mundaneo flange work. im now making my own flange from 10mm steel, cutting the mondy flange off flush. will get pics up of the process :D

1.8 mondeo mk3. very slight difference in spacing, but when its cut between them that gap will pull/press up easy, and theres plenty of meat on the flang itself to be redrilled to the micra pattern. also stick out from the head just as far and goes straight down, could mate up with the standard down pipe easy enough :D

20120925_121429.jpg

20120925_121450.jpg

20120925_121539.jpg
Nice fit :) what would you do to match the ports because the mondeo ports seem alot bigger than the micra ones?:)

nothing, not much point in matching them if the manifold side is bigger. not bothering now anyway as i dont have a micra :(

Back