Angle grinder using buffer heads?

kriky!

I read that to say 1100rpm not 11000rpm!!
Good spotting lads, I was gonna put a smug comment or two then as well, glad you guys pay more attention!

Dusk said:
If you were hardcore - you could rig up a variable resistor to your angle grinder...

If you're gonna go to that trouble you may as well just buy a variable speed bench grinder for about £20.

Drills aren't good for the handling compared to a grinder/buffer.
As for the variable speed mod...hummm....

Think I'll just have to pay for a variable speed buffer

depends on what you use, I have G3 which I've used by hand and it sorts a large amount of scratches and paint mess, it's nickenamed T-cut on steriods, the liquid is clear but turns colour of the paint, thats how much it works, needs to stay wet and moved so a buffer is more useful tha the arm.

sanding?
Polishing, i'm too cheap to get a re-spray so just gonna use G3 on it, I'm good at polishing things so much that they shine, you should see Dusks shlong, bling bling

goldstar0011 said:
sanding?
Polishing, i'm too cheap to get a re-spray so just gonna use G3 on it

meant the other thread with the wire thingy you didnt know the name of too..

Variable speed grinder is highly recommended! Ed i think used 3M cutting compound when he did my car last year, worked a treat. Dont forget to polish it up afterwards tho!

Thats the plan, got most the chemicals I need, just need a decent buffer now, looking forward to it cause I got some spare wings looking nice aftre 10 mins hand buffering so what will it look like after 30mins at 3000rpm+

UPDATE -

Bought me one of these
and spent the good part of 4 hours really working on the car with G3 then Tcut wax and I gotta say I the pics don't do it justice!

ALL scuffs and light scratches are gone, bad ones are better looking and the paint is so shiney I was able to do my hair in the reflection

Pics

Back