amp taking to much power

i have fitted quite alot of sterio equipment in my micra, but when i'm drivin at night with it all turned on all the lights on my car go really dull and are useless which attracts quite alot of attention from the police lol.

i have been told about a power cap but well i'm not quite sure what this is or if it would help, i was just wondering if any of you have an idea about what could solve my problem.

thanks

easiest sollution is probably just a second or bigger battery. heard a lot of good things about power caps and then a lot about them not working :glance:

Do NOT fit a cap, its a waste of £50+

Power cap would not fix your problem, they are pretty much useless.

Bigger battery and upgrading the 'big 3' is a good thing to do...

Do you lights stay constantly dull, or do they dim when the bass hits?!

If its constant then you have a more serious problem.

just when the bass hits, also i upgraded the battery so i think i will just buy another and add that to it. i might be takin an amp off aswell because i have been offered to sell one, so i suppose that would help aswell lol

How do you intend on adding in another battery?

Anyway, it would help if you say what audio kit you have and what cabling, along with what power you're running :)

I agree with retepetsir, power capacitors are a waste of time and money, make sure the battery is in good condition, make sure all wiring connections are good (Earths and Lives) and all cables are of sufficient gauge for the job. Make sure your fanbelt is tight enough so that it charges the battery properly.

Back