ae86

cool video ... i love the ae86 and drift racing ... RIK r u a fan of initial drift .. i have the cartoon episodes ...they are in japanese but dubbed in english ...

waseem said:
cool video ... i love the ae86 and drift racing ... RIK r u a fan of initial drift .. i have the cartoon episodes ...they are in japanese but dubbed in english ...

yea, thats really gd.. only managed to get the forth seires :( lol but ive read all the books and got the film :)

AE86's are one of the best drift cars going, even with sub 100bhp they can out drift 500-600bhp Skylines and Silvia's. Simply Awesome cars :)

Nis.

because they weigh the same as a packet of crisps?

whats is the standard weight of an ae86 btw?

# Horsepower: 70 bhp (52 kW) @ 4800 rpm
# Torque: 85 ft·lbf (115 N·m) @ 2800 rpm
# Weight: approximately 2200 lb (998 kg) to 2400 lb
# Engine: 4A-C, 1587 cc

Nis.

AE86 are actually really hard to drift there one of the most difficult to master due to there old chasis and under powered engines.. tsuchia was a tech aid on the initial D cartoons he started with the 86 hence why hes good he didnt just start with a nice easy car* if takumi drifted in somthing else i wonder how many people would be saying that thats an awsome car????

*by easy i dont mean to say drifting is easy by any means but with a limnited slip diff and lots of nice turbo power it helps :p

True, although its all in the suspension setup :p any RWD car car drift as long as the suspension is setup correctly :)

Saw a drift spec Toyota Previa MPV once....was mental, really good at drifting lol

Nis.

i think the fact that the number one drifter in the world learning in a 86 has more to do with its legendary status thant the initial D cartroon's. beeing under powered they are are hard to power over drift(using brute power). but they are very balanced and light weight cars which lend them selves to beeing chucked about. would love one. i think the theory is that if you can drift an 86 then ur getting there.

After watching the 'Drift Bible' the guy says that the 86 is not easy to drive, but its easiest to just power out with it.

Even tho they r old, and not even that fast, i would have one anyday :)

Back