Adjusting clock mileage

skymera

Brutal Honesty
Any idea how to adjust clock mileage?

Just received my new dials, but they're 145k miles and I need to get them roughly to 86k miles

I've got the cover off and a big pin but neither of the numbers want to go up or down. I'm not pressing too hard in case they break

Ok well everything works except rev counter which I expected. Can't adjust the time as the rod you push just pushes the entire clock face back!

Time to see if I can adjust the mileage

I've used the frank method, but have found it's easier to remove the clock (three screws iirc) and so it outside the enclosure. The digits rotate best if you move them in their natural direction 4,5,6,7, etc back to 0. You have to apply a lot of force, to the point it feels like you are about to break something

Doesn't twist either. No biggy, just annoying as these were listed as 100% fully functional :rolleyes:

Mileage adjusted with a little force to 86,900.

Now to sort out the tacho

I bought this green dial and it was about 75k. Mine is around 87k.

It's easy to turn miles up but it takes so much time to turn up miles up.. I don't know about move backward miles. I got spare standard dial so I will explore to do this soon.

Mine is everything work but before my petrol and temp gauge was messing around ( like up and down sometimes). Right now it's ok but I got loose connection with my temp gauge (sometimes it up and down so it's minor)

Been for quick drive, fuel guage is good, temp gauge is all good, speedo is good.

Clock works with a bit of fiddling. Good stuff.

You need to get under the centre console and add a link wire between the ECU and the next conection block on the loom. Its about 8" of wire missing between two plugs. I've had to do it on mine (L) to get the super s cluster working. Mine is just a link wire forced into the empty plug socket, and held in place with blu-tac! (and I call myself an engineering teacher!)

Here's some help:
http://www.micra.org.uk/threads/k11-pre-facelift-rev-counter-wiring-procedures.40661/
http://micra.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=guides&action=display&thread=30

You need to get under the centre console and add a link wire between the ECU and the next conection block on the loom. Its about 8" of wire missing between two plugs. I've had to do it on mine (L) to get the super s cluster working. Mine is just a link wire forced into the empty plug socket, and held in place with blu-tac! (and I call myself an engineering teacher!)

Here's some help:
http://www.micra.org.uk/threads/k11-pre-facelift-rev-counter-wiring-procedures.40661/
http://micra.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=guides&action=display&thread=30
Thanks!

Gave up with the dizzy as it's far too cold to be outside, brrrrrr.

Best way to get under the dash?

Thanks!

Gave up with the dizzy as it's far too cold to be outside, brrrrrr.

Best way to get under the dash?

Remove plastics, contort over backwards with the gear leaver and hand brake diging into you, etc.

DSCF3414.jpg

DSCF3415.jpg

The red wire is the one I added

Bums. Your's is a fair bit later than mine, prehaps they deleted them to save some money. Oh well, you will still have the empty socket on the ecu plug, you may have to take a wire all the way up to the plug on the clock set. I might be a bit like Seb's problems in the second link I posted.

Bums. Your's is a fair bit later than mine, prehaps they deleted them to save some money. Oh well, you will still have the empty socket on the ecu plug, you may have to take a wire all the way up to the plug on the clock set. I might be a bit like Seb's problems in the second link I posted.
Yep, plug 2 in the ECU is blank so I guess I'll run a wire from there up to the dial plug.
I have Seb's page bookmarked.
Need a longer piece of wire. But lets get Xmas out the way first :D

Well plugged it in and got no movement from tacho :rolleyes:

I think ECU pin is right but maybe wired wrong on the plug forthe dials ..

You got a multi-meter, maybe you could check that you are at least getting a something from the wire from the ecu?

I do have one, which setting?

I might just wire it to the dizzy to check the actual dial isn't broken! Been at this for hours now :O!

Back