60mm lowering springs,please!!!

martinb

Ex. Club Member
cash waiting, really need some people,

or there abouts,am not interested in 35mm,cheers

100mm if ya have em?what have you got?

07825159531 if you would rather text etc,cheers

p.s (don think i can recieve pm's yet)(Y)

50 mm springs are the lowest in existance for a micra unless you but coil overs.
50mm springs are from matt humpris (mph)

i read through the forums from 2005 there was a group buy of custom springs. People were ordering 60mm etc from www.coilsprings.co.uk

If i were to get the 50mm springs and remove one complete coil of each would this work?

Would i sacrifice handling,cant really afford 5-600 pound on coilovers for a car that didn't cost alot.

Have u heard of those universal coil over sleeves that slide over your existing dampers that will lower your car up to 75-80mm

Going for the jdm look so need to be low as have small wide deep dish rims and stretched tyres.

Was considering chopping standard shocks but the more i read about it the more it puts me off!?

Please help fellow micra drivers,

Cheers

Chopping springs is not a good idea, maybe if you want it really low you should put a couple of bricks in the boot and engine bay :laugh:
But anyway as i said its coilovers or 50mm thats all thats available.

Attachments

• PICT0320.JPG
    PICT0320.JPG
    111.2 KB · Views: 451
  • PICT0321.JPG
    PICT0321.JPG
    104 KB · Views: 348
give them a ring martyboy or email them see if they can supply the springs you want the numbers on the site .... no harm in asking

cheers for the info guys,i knew i could count on you lot, its nice having an un biased answer without someone trying to sell u something like a shop would.

Wheels are 14x 6 black wedssport rs-5 with deep offset and chrome lip.stupidly expensive light weight jap racing rims of my jap friend. Tyres i can find that aren't ridiculously expensive are 155x55xr14 stretch across.

Some may say this is excessive but i cant put fox racing alloys on my car they will just spoil the look.

I know i should get coilovers but i wont be track racing or tearing the streets up (yet) but just want low.

What suzuki springs are they?

I think when i get tyres on i can see what drop i need,its just 50mm dont seem enough for my taste.

I could contact coilspring but reading someones post they where about 100 for 2 custom front springs,cant really do it.

Need a cheap fix ha ha

Cheers

Have u heard of those universal coil over sleeves that slide over your existing dampers that will lower your car up to 75-80mm

Going for the jdm look so need to be low as have small wide deep dish rims and stretched tyres.

Was considering chopping standard shocks but the more i read about it the more it puts me off!?

those universal coil over things are crap...my mate had them on his almera and the shocks kept botteming out! i wouldnt even bother!

JDM isnt a ''look'' its STANDARD parts what the japs get that we dont on our cars. i.e nissan march is JDM as we didnt get them in the uk. where as a micra isnt.

you carnt cut shocks...you can only cut springs.

you ither spend £500+ on coilovers...or £100 on 50mm springs. or go on the cheap and buy suzuki springs...

'Squarepants'
[QUOTE)

JDM isnt a ''look'' its STANDARD parts what the japs get that we dont on our cars. i.e nissan march is JDM as we didnt get them in the uk. where as a micra isnt.

dont mean to be rude but do know what jdm is check my current car for sale

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220394298843

i purely meant the J D M style of things

im not a fan of massive ugly bumpers with 19'' wheels on a micra (speaking hyperthetically here) i just prefer a smaller wheel or same size wheel,wide and lowered

(QUOTE)you carnt cut shocks...you can only cut springs.

yeah i am aware i was typing quickly and didnt re-read my post:eek:

Thanks for the heads up on the coil over sleeve,ill steer clear mate

FRANK

i will look into that in a minute,cheers

ROB

check here www.tyrestretch.com

scroll down to this, nankang ns2 tyre on 14 x 6 wheels

''6_155_55_R14_Nankang_NS2''

cheers all

Dont touch those universal coilover things , my bro got them for his crx and they are total and utter crap they dont work they just a waste of cash lol

ok cheers it was just another options thats all,this is relly buggin me,there must be something other than fully adjustable coilovers?

ok anyone with 50mm avaliable for sale please?

Back