2dr vs 4dr?

ok guys im moving from my 2 door 1 litre p reg vibe soon into a 4 door 1 litre n reg lx. (both cars are stock) Reason is the vibes had it its done its bit and the lx is a 4 door and ive got a 9 month old baby.

both cars are stock so was just wondering is the 4 door going to be significantly slower then the vibe? and in general are the 4 doors slower then the 2 doors? I was thinking the added weight might make things a bit nasty for me in the near future as i find my vibe can be quite nippy for the short a to b's i often do to work and shops etc.

My 1.0l 5 door with full janspeed and no rev limit was very nippy. Theres not much of a difference but it depends on how the engine has been treated over the years.

you wont notice a difference tbh mate, not an less you are planning to strip it out to get it down to minimum weight. what you will notice is the convenience (especially if you have a kid)

one thing you may notice is in the handling as the chassis can be much weaker with 5 door and make the car floppy i kn ow it was the case for my renault but dunno about micra lol but other than pure stiffness no difference

Back