270,000k's

CMF_M5

» CMF Member
Congratulations Mychael, that is fantastic, good to know my car is still just "running in' at 140,000 kms. How often do u do an oil and filter change? and what oil do you use?

cisco

» CMF Member
Yeah good question M5. I'm interested aswell Mipcar.

Congrats, that's great!

I was thinking that our white super s was starting to get some mileage on it thesedays, its up to about 118,000km. Only had about 80,000 when we got it! Canberra puts so many kms on a car.

But now I'm very happy to know how many healthy kms it has yet. Your car is definately a good ad for the micra.

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
In my humble opinion, I'd keep with the Mobil 1.

Rather than changing oils you'll be better off changing your driving style if you want it to last longer.

Mobil 1 is a premium grade consumer oil.

CMF_M5

» CMF Member
Point taken, incidently congratulations in the purchase of your beautiful series 2 Super S! I have been watching you search in vain for many months, I am glad you hung out for the perfect Super S.I had a forest green Series 2 Super S from new, I loved that car,unfortunately a Volvo 850 wagon rammed us at 80 kph while we were stationary at a red light, I am sure if we were in a lesser small car, our injuries would have been horrific, my wife and I were very lucky, unfortunately the little Micra was not. I searched and searched for another S2 Super S but to no avail, when a near new Series 2 SLX with very low k's came along in the same colour, I grabbed it. I truly believe you are now the privlidged owner of a future classic, enjoy it!

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
Such a shame M5! :( Thankyou very much for your kind words. I am absolutely thrilled with my Micra and I am sure I will have it for a very long time.

I only hope someone doesn't take it away from me. If someone were to run up my bum I'd probably be arrested for assault. :p

CMF_mipcar

» CMF Member
I agree about oils. If you have been useing a particular type for some time and provided it is a good quality oil then my advice would be to stay with it.
It's not supposed to happen but occasionly swapping oil types can cause sludging in the motor as old deposits get released by the different oil.

Mychael

Back