2000 coilpack timing chain

Mines has 81000 on how will I know if it needs changing between the 100 - 200 mark will it rattle as it stretches like the corsa chains?

Mines has 81000 on how will I know if it needs changing between the 100 - 200 mark will it rattle as it stretches like the corsa chains?

Mine's pretty rattly. The top was cured by a new tensioner, the bottom still rattles and I cba with doing that.

If it breaks, it breaks. Looking at it, it's cheaper to fit a new CG10/13 lump than have the chain renewed..

Who needs Haynes manual when I work in a garages ;-) free autodata :) and good set of tools lol roughly how much are the chain kits?

i try and do all work myself fitted lowering springs one night after work :) but am only an apprentice so pay sucks :( dam goverment and apprentice wages lol,
skymera ive been told i have play one one of my steering arms do you know if on the 2000 power steering racks if you can change just the arm? ive heard people have had to change a whole rack before :/

I have a haynes manual and work in a garage, which also has autodata. Rather have the book next to the car :confused: you be printing info off to take to the car anyway. Just cuz you work in a garage doesn't mean you can't have info for a specific vehicle. My post was mostly aimed at people who wouldn't have much knowledge, with a bit of confidence and tools they could save a micra from the scrappers.

i also have a book some where lol :) have you changed any track rods on a micra before jay? ive been told mine has play on but been told i may need to change the rack and im hoping i dont need to do that

i dont know i think its the drivers side rod that connects the rod end to the rack i was told it had play when i whent to get an alignment check on saturday

You remove the track rod end from the hub. Remove the inner gaiter (may have to get a new one) should be a nut, there is a special tool on the forum somewhere that people have used...

if i can ill try the usual pair of mole grips lol ive done a couple before but wasnt sure with people sayin i might need to change the rack thanks for confirming :)

Back