1998-2000 cg10de

squarepants

Ex. Club Member
has above, has to have drive shafts, gearbox and has to be a runner. depending on how far away pick up is aswell.

cheers
dan

Thought it was just the driveshaft and clutch splines that were different? Both boxes looked identical to me...

Its free as in... I get your 1.3 running in my car, and you get my 1.0 running in your car. I dont know how to do it though neither do I have the proper equipment.
Could we just swap blocks and not driveshafts etc? As just got a new box and clutch on mine so would want to carry on using it.

yes swapping blocks would be ok with me :) then i can keep my 1.3 bits as i have another 1.3 bottem end aswell the only thing iam missing then is a 1.3 head. so that would be ideal for me and you just swapping blocks ;)

Right so I'd have a 1.3 engine and ECU out of your car, and likewise for you? Need to do soem research into how this is done.

no i keep the ecu they are both the same iirc, bar one is nats and one is non nats. i keep my nats ecu and you keep your non nats one so then you wouldnt have a speed limiter and i still do.

no would run fine, thats how my car is running now on a 1.0 ecu, shaun did the swap from a 1.0-1.3 ages ago. iam gonna get in touch with him and ask some question as iam not 100percent on my car being a nats ecu and yours a non nats...mine might not run so good with your engine beeing non nats...my 1.3 should be fine on your non nats ecu tho. just with mine beeing nats my have problems with a pre engine.

iam not 100percent on this tho, it could run fine on my ecu!?

oh ye you was telling me over msn when you frist brought it! as we was saying that is strange with it beeing a prefacelift. if your has nats i have nothing to worry about hopefully! lol, i will double check fisrt tho.

Back