100w headlight bulbs

as im aware k11's suffer from the headlight connector burning and melting with standard 55w bulbs, so presumably a 100w bulb will increase the change of this happening, however saying that, if the connecotrs are cleaned and protected it shouldn't happen, not sure if the wiring is up to the job, but im sure someone will be along soon that has done it.

tbh that's what i was thinking myself - but it helps to hear someone else say it :-(

Ive got the most amazing white led sidelights, and the h4 bulb is letting the whole thing down now with it's yellowish tinge :-(

ive got some ring white headlight bulbs, there still 55/60w so still road legal, but apparently there 90% brighter than the standard ones, i'm not sure about 90% but there definatley whiter and brighter

I have a pair of 100w bulbs in my sr. No problems with them but I had the melting connector when I had the 55w :S

Just to re-iterate what superls mentioned, 100W headlights are illegal for road use and the MSC do not advise or condone using them on the road.

just get some decent legal bulbs i got some cheapy ebay ones to get rid of the old orange tint and worked great! they were £7 and still work now after 8 months
before: after:
Micra119..jpg Micra118..jpg
pencil.png

Like i say mine were ring ones, there newly released range (all be it around end of 09), it says on the box +90% brighter over standard, they were definately brighter, there legal and they were only about £13.

just get some decent legal bulbs i got some cheapy ebay ones to get rid of the old orange tint and worked great! they were £7 and still work now after 8 months
before: after:
View attachment 15746 View attachment 15747
pencil.png

They look pretty good :) any chance you can remember the seller info etc?...

Like i say mine were ring ones, there newly released range (all be it around end of 09), it says on the box +90% brighter over standard, they were definately brighter, there legal and they were only about £13.

Any pics? - where did you get them from?

Back