-- TURBO - - Complete Kit --

HI, i have below a few pictures of what I bought for my car (next project)... the parts are:

Baileys Dump Valve
Audi TDI Intercooler
Almera 1,6 injectors
Garrett T3 Turbo (Ford RS Turbo)
Manifold modded with T3 Flange
Alternator brackets to lift the alternator higher
Powerflow Custom made stainless steel exhaust system
Oil pipe feed to the cylinder head (fitted where a small allen key bolt is next to the manifold)

Pix:

Turbopic1_zps275fe371.jpg

TurboPic2_zpsfdcd11c4.jpg

TurboPic3_zpsa73ca2bd.jpg

TurboPic4_zpscb122b52.jpg

Cheers

J

Bother, someone always gets there first! Kaaaaarll, why would you do thaaat? Haha
If it falls through I'd like it please.

looool, this kit is geting bolted to my car soon, i was simply showing you guys and also asking how much you lot think this costed,sorry .. not for sale!! its the wrong section if it was for sale!!

J

@Nex, lol, yeah the filter is small but blooody works well!! However i will be changing it when its nicely on my car.... ill be one the minority changing to the darkside....

:D

J

Good call, as that filter will offer very little in terms of air filtration and should be binned.

Are you going to do turbo soon? How's everything so far now? :)

What ive done so far is:

1. Purchased new aluminium intercooler (in the process of making a front bracket for it)
2. Purchased a coupke of silicone pipes to reroute the turbo pipe work.
3. I just rebuilt the Garrett T3 turbo with complete new parts.
4. Heat wrapped the complete stainless steel exhaust system to protect all elements of weather.
5. Purchased a Revotec Turbo PSI gauge.
6. Modded RB25 Fuel Rail, will be ready as its being pressured tested at the moment

slow process, few bits are needed like Fuel Pump etc, will post pix of what ive done so far soon...

It is a costly game in all honesty!!! ;) and thats minus the NIStune board and rollers session!!

J

Even my missus is laughing in disbelief

4. Heat wrapped the complete stainless steel exhaust system to protect all elements of weather

and also i had 100 meters of it for freeee and as you know the Powerflow exhausts arnt exactly good when comes to weather, i had to grind the surface rust off to get to metal side so as i had meeters of it i thought use it just for the sake of it which also keeps heat flowing thru otherwise i would have binned the heat wrap if i wernt gonna use it! still need to do the turbo end of the exhaust.... otherwise i wouldnt bother if id had no tortilla heat wraps!!

J

Ok as said i will post pictures and so fr this is whats happening, just takng my time!!

Rebuilt Turbo

Rebuilt Housing

Manifold

Manifold with Heatshield

Intercooler Temp Gauge

Turbo Bosst Gauge with Painted Pod

Modded & Painted Oil Sump

Exhaust System

Front open Mouth Grill Getting Fitted Again for the Intercooler

Intercooler

Intercooler with mock build brackets, Will be making Proper Tougher Brackets

So Far This, Next will be the Fitting of the Turbo!!

J

Nowhere near enough overlap on the heat wrapping mate.

Might as well just undo it all and wrap it closer and tighter and not go all the way to the back box.

the whole point is what Enuo says which is right keeping heat in rather than dicipate under bonnet all thru etc and also its a powerflow exhaust suppose to be "stainless Steel" my ass it is! had surface rust and had to clean up which came up well, Powerflow says life time guarantee cos the pipe quality isnt up to standards for stainless, if you search on google alot of VW owners are seriously B-TCHIN about the quality and how they had to go back to replace sections of the piping, althou naturally exhaust rusts inside out, so aint bothered didnt pay for the heat stuff and had spare time so i used it !

Nowhere near enough overlap on the heat wrapping mate.

Might as well just undo it all and wrap it closer and tighter and not go all the way to the back box.

Its a 2.5" width and quarter inch overlap which is right, done this before when working for alpina (bmw), best done when the wrap is damp this way it stretches when overlapping.

J

Isnt the Nissan Figaro a K10 engine? the figaro are 1ltr Turbo as far as i know and if you get that engine or atleast the manifold and bits am sure it will go on your car but the exhaust will probably need modding!!

J

Back