• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Adams Micra Blog

-AdaM-

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
Hi all,

Joined here a couple of months ago and have only just managed to get my car looking respectable enough to feel comfortable puting pictures up lol

its a 1.0L LX with 75k on the clock. Being in collage i cant afford to do alot to it at the moment but i do have bigger plans for it than you will see in these Photos lol

This is how it looked when i first got it (if the link works lol)
DSC00362.jpg

I then bought some Team Dynamics Pro Race Alloys of -ToM- when he was breaking his micra as he lives local (2mins down the road) and decided to see what they would look like on the car
DSC00361.jpg

Deciding that it looked like a monster truck without lowering i decided to buy some 35mm lowering springs and fitted them and the wheels at the same time.
DSC00019.jpg

After being around toms micra when he was doing it up i decided that the single wiper on his looked really good, so i did it on mine but didnt really like the results on mine i didnt think it suited it,
DSC00370.jpg

After this my friend jim found a super s in the scrap yard so i bought the front and back bumpers and the clocks, i new that putting the clocks in could require alot of wiring but i decided to try putting them in on the ofchance that they would work straight off and to my surprise they did.
DSC00045.jpg

Looking at these pics and then deciding that it stil wasnt low enough i decided that chopping the springs would be a good idea and i was impresed with the results, also i fitted a Sun Strip to try and blend the black and greyey blue together beter
DSC00033.jpg

as i said before i dont have much funds to spend on the car at the moment so i got a universal backbox and made it fit insted of buying one already made for the car as this would be dearer
DSC00040.jpg

And finaly ... a nice picture of my car all nice and clean :grinning:

DSC00037.jpg

Please tell me what you think :grinning:

Cheers Adam

Lookin good anyways, just about had the patience to copy and paste the link :)

So you bought lowered springs and THEN chopped them?

Whooooooooo they work :grinning: Cheers for help geting links working

Robb - Yes i got 35mm lowering springs and then chopped a few coils off the back and about 1 and a half of the front to get it to sit how i wanted it to

:grinning:

UPDATE

Fitted a new exhaust other day (4")
Also removed the stickers saying "micra" and "1.0LX"

DSC00057.jpg

friend is giving me a pair of recked bucket seats so im going to order new covers for them to make them look new again hoping to get them soon

Cheers Adam

Cheers for the comment Squarepants

Corbs - its quite bumpy but its not that much different to when they wernt choped, just makes it look a bit better in my opinion, i could do with uprated shocks but i dont know where to get them from or how much they would cost being in 6th form and not having much money

uprated gas shocks cost near on £200 new front an rear...witch imo is alot!

i have kyb ones and apparenlty there not uprated there std non oil replacment gas ones! apparenlty uprated shocks are shortened to work with uprated/stiffer springs... all in all uprated shocks arnt needed! there not much diffrent from the std ones to drive with.

i was gonna cut my springs as my back end sits higer than the front mine are 35mm g-max but on my other micra i have kyb 35mm and they sit lower on the rear for some reason!

how many coils did you cut out of the springs?

oh corbs, they will be the same ride wise as there still the same stiffness as they was before they where cut...i.e if you cut std springs the ride would be the same as they was before they got cut.

You could notice a differance in the ride it did feel bumpyer but it wasnt huge diffreance, ermm if i remember right i chopped 2 out of the front and 3 out of the back as the back sat higher and i wanted to level it out if you get me.

I just need the uprated shocks to keep the springs in place beter as if you jack the back up there close to coming out

it wouldnt make a diffrance tho, the weight sits on the springs not the shocks...the shocks only come into play when the car is moving when its goes over a bump. if you get me? lol

yeh but if you go for an MOT and the man jacks it up and the springs wobble around hes going to have a bit of dout about how safe it is lol

thats why they shouldnt be cut lol...i dont think they will know about that tho! it will fail because the springs are chopped tho so there classed as broke and dangerous!...they can also tell there cut by the rust around the bit of spring you have cut... just re-paint the springs and he shouldnt know!

thats why they shouldnt be cut lol...i dont think they will know about that tho! it will fail because the springs are chopped tho so there classed as broke and dangerous!...they can also tell there cut by the rust around the bit of spring you have cut... just re-paint the springs and he shouldnt know!

yeh but if you go for an MOT and the man jacks it up and the springs wobble around hes going to have a bit of dout about how safe it is lol also it would make it stiffer surely?

it doesnt change the stiffness, there still the same stiffness as they where before you cut them! there just shorter the only problem your going to run into in the rear ones jumping out! my mate did it on his 106 xsi, but he cut his std springs and the rear one kept jumping out on hard bumps! but it was just the one lol. if there chopped uprated ones they are stiff engough and shouldnt jump out! i reckon they would be fine imo otherwise i wouldnt consider doing it myself! lol

would the mot tester jack the car up? wouldnt he just put it on a drive on ramp? or just look at the springs and to see if there broken? i reckon you would get away with them! but iam not 100percent :p

on my old micra i got 40mm springs and cut them to the max. Use to rub underneath on ramps. but couldnt drive mad fast or put alot of faith in them and as for garage lifts for cars.they would fall out. I reckon proper sprins or coils is safe'est

coilovers are the proper way! but are expensive for those on a budget! if i could afford to coilovers i would! but over uprated shocks and springs there only more uncofitable (to stiff for road use) crap on bumps etc, and the only benifit is that they are better on track and you can adjust the damping and ride height....imo there only good for track or seroius enthuists! where as for everyday use uprated springs are shocks are engough...there awsome engough on the road. i just want uprated antiroll bars then it will be the ultimate road racer!

i am planning to get coilovers when i have a full time job as i will be able to afford them then, as for now these will do me :grinning:

Yes they are 15" well spotted :p

mines exactly the same as yours but 1.3, makes me really wanna lower mine,

but flying over bumps is so much fun!!!
and descent springs and shocks are damn expensive!

Looks really good, looking at the first picture I was going to offer you some wheel trims as you were on a tight budget, lol.

Nice looking Micra though, how easy was it to fit lowering springs?

johnsams - my springs only cost me £80 so they werent that expensive and im on standard shocks which makes it even cheaper :p

pjg1979 - did the springs at my dads garage, backs where easy as they just pop out when you drop the rear axel, fronts where harder he had to use springs clamps to get them off and on again with the new one, overall i think it took about 2 hours but it was worth it :D

Robert - the bumpers are currently in my dads garage as i have decided not to put them on now as i like the look of it with the black bumpers, also painting them was going to be quite costly.

looking good! once the super s bumpers are on i reckon you'll prefer them mate!!

Robert - the bumpers are currently in my dads garage as i have decided not to put them on now as i like the look of it with the black bumpers, also painting them was going to be quite costly.

spray them your self mate! honestly....not hard AT ALL!!!!!! and you will save a fortune!!!!

106's don't have springs on the back they have torsion bar suspension on the back.

Qwerty: you are correct. they lower the rear by moving the torsion bar to a different fitment level...think their are 3stages you can set them at?

Really like the look of the Micra Adam, sits really nicely

106's don't have springs on the back they have torsion bar suspension on the back.

lol was typing without thinking, it was ither the front springs on his 106 or on his nova...think it was his nova rear ones lol

spray them your self mate! honestly....not hard AT ALL!!!!!! and you will save a fortune!!!!

I cant afford the paint to do it myself lol i was going to do them myself but i like the look of them being black anyway so i thought id save money and leave it as it is :D

Update

Progress on the grill

DSC00058.jpg

DSC00059.jpg

DSC00060.jpg

Filled in and smoothed ready for primer

DSC00063.jpg

Primed and ready for painting :D

DSC00064.jpg

Hopefully painting it tomorrow along with my super s spoiler i have to put on it

Adam

Errmm if i remember correctly my dads mate owns a rallly parts supplying shop and he orderd me them from him :)

Cheers squarepants took about 4 hours to do lol, wasnt really that hard just time consuming waiting for fibreglass to harden and then the filler to harden etc, geting mesh for it tomorrow :)

around £10 for spray can same colour as your k11. £10 for primer and laquer....thats £20.......or £30 as you will require 2cans!!!

is that really expensive??? comapred with around £200-400 from a garage? plus its more fun imo!!!

either way! micra look smart :)

Update

Grill Finished its been painted and meshed today :)

DSC00066.jpg

DSC00067.jpg

Fitting it tomorrow morning as it was dark when i got home :(

Back