K12 front bumper lower support

Hi folks, looking some advice. Daughter has a 2008 K12 Tekna, unfortunately she started it in gear last night which parked and when the car moved forward she hit a low barrier in the carpark. This has damaged the bottom of the bumper and appears to have pushed the cross member the bumper is bolted to underneath the car (with the 2 bolts) back slightly, which is pulling the bumper down a bit, cross member is now also almost touching the exhaust.

Question is how easy is it to remove that cross member? I could see a large bolt each end of it, is it just a case of bumper off, remove the 2 bolts for the cross member and bolt an new one on? Is there anything else bolted to that cross member (radiator etc?) and does anyone know the part number for the cross member so I get the right one?

Hopefully the hot water/heating trick might allow me to fix the bumper, but need to sort the cross member as well

Attachments

• PXL_20240503_062723498.jpg
    PXL_20240503_062723498.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
Managed to get this sorted, got a replacement lower crossmember from scrappy, however daughters car has aircon which has extra brackets, so drilled out the spot welds and drilled corresponding holes in the one from the scrappy.

Oh and fyi, it is possible, tight but possible to get to the wheel arch bolts for the front bumper, without removing the wheels and the full liner...

Back