TOST - The Official Spam Thread

I've read tales in old threads (engine swap research) about someone who built Sr20 micras with pigeon sh*t welds to engine mounts and the driveshafts that were sleeved and pinned and not up to the job. Oh and some pretty shocking wiring. I forget exactly how it ended, but I think it was with someone paying £700 for the work to be done, it never got done and when he got it back it was so ruined with bad welding and bodges it needed like £2500 worth of work to get it running.
Might be the same guy, and I doubt my details are exactly right...

erm wiring is a bit of a mess, i.e the reverse switch is missing inc wiring. the hand brake needs sorting. the body kit was horrid, and the smoothing on the roof gutters needs a little work

Anyone know ways of cambering the rears wheels on a micra? seen a couple of things about it but asking again incase people know and havent mentioned it? :)

Yeah, that's the only ways I've come across before

What's involved exactly for the cut and shut though, do you know? :)

83569.jpg

axle-jpg.18560

It's to get the tread in the arches for these new wheels ;) (but it does look pretty)

Don't think ill be going the cut and shut route though!
I'm sure you'll have more poke than you could handle if it decided to pop off and leg it
Loose wheels always overtake you :)
Arch rolling? Extensions?

No...it was "History of the Eagles" (3 hours)....then "In Concert" (...a measly 25 minutes <_<)
started at 21:00

ETA: still on BBC four now watching that, Randy Newman!!!

Early start in the morning... I'm test driving a Vauxhall Corsa VXR Nurburgring Edition :D Just for the ****s and the gigs.

Later in the week I'm road testing a Toyota GT86 TRD Edition and a Nissan 370Z. Looks like a good week is in order!

Early start in the morning... I'm test driving a Vauxhall Corsa VXR Nurburgring Edition :D Just for the ####s and the gigs.

Later in the week I'm road testing a Toyota GT86 TRD Edition and a Nissan 370Z. Looks like a good week is in order!
You're a lucky lad! Don't forget to tell us what you think :D. I'd like to here what you have to say about the GT86.

Early start in the morning... I'm test driving a Vauxhall Corsa VXR Nurburgring Edition :D Just for the ####s and the gigs.

Just decide to hit up some dealerships and see what you can test drive? :p haha

You're a lucky lad! Don't forget to tell us what you think :D. I'd like to here what you have to say about the GT86.

Right then, first review! Vauxhall Corsa VXR NR Ed.

First off; insanely quick. Like, ridiculously quick. The turbo is small enough that it doesn't lag like mad, but it's big enough to give you a good kick in the head.
Steering is very good. Better than anything I've ever driven, including MX5s. It's light but it points exactly where you put it. Only thing I'd change about it is make the PAS weaker, it just feels too light.
Brakes are also stunning. Full set of massive Brembos on all four corners so it stops very quickly. Unlike older cars, and my Micra, the brakes don't feel spongey, they're always there for you and they're tough as old boots.
The only thing I didn't like, and to be honest, it ruined the car a little bit, was the seating position. You're very high up, even with the seat on the lowest setting. This is the give away that it isn't really a big powerful sports car, it's a jumped of Corsa. All that power and precision doesn't feel right in a car that sits so tall with you so high up in the centre. I'd get used to it, but I'd much prefer it if there was an option for a low slung seat mount.

Had good fun anyway and it's put my mind at ease, as I really wanted one and now I'm not so sure!

Just decide to hit up some dealerships and see what you can test drive? :p haha

Yes and no :p I'm looking at all sorts of cars, some I really like and am interested in having (eventually) and some that I'm just trying because 'why not'. Today, my why not car was a Porsche Cayman S. Drove 20 miles to the local Porsche showroom just to have a look about. Totally different class of car to what I'm used to, I whimped out on asking for a go in it. Chaps in the dealership was excellent though, genuine passion for cars and what they do.

Yes and no :p I'm looking at all sorts of cars, some I really like and am interested in having (eventually) and some that I'm just trying because 'why not'. Today, my why not car was a Porsche Cayman S. Drove 20 miles to the local Porsche showroom just to have a look about. Totally different class of car to what I'm used to, I whimped out on asking for a go in it. Chaps in the dealership was excellent though, genuine passion for cars and what they do.

I've always wanted to goto to a few dealerships and test some cars that I've wanted to drive but was never sure if you could just go in and say "I want to test drive that please" kinda thing! Thinking about doing it now, there's a Lamborghini dealership in Edinburgh I wouldn't mind looking around.... :p that would be pushing it I think!

Selling up the micra?

I've always wanted to goto to a few dealerships and test some cars that I've wanted to drive but was never sure if you could just go in and say "I want to test drive that please" kinda thing! Thinking about doing it now, there's a Lamborghini dealership in Edinburgh I wouldn't mind looking around.... :p that would be pushing it I think!

Selling up the micra?

Yeah selling up soonish, not because I want too though if I'm honest. Off to uni in a year and whilst I'm at college I can't get the hours I need at work to keep the car. I'm finding myself getting paid, filling the car and then struggling throughout the entire month :(

The positive is that I can get saving for something a bit tasty! Hence all these trips to dealerships :D

He says its running 0.9 bar with 370cc injectors... then says its got a custom fuel rail with 256cc injectors?
Running 150hp and 160ft/lb torque... I'd wanna see proof of that personally :)

Yeah selling up soonish, not because I want too though if I'm honest. Off to uni in a year and whilst I'm at college I can't get the hours I need at work to keep the car. I'm finding myself getting paid, filling the car and then struggling throughout the entire month :(

The positive is that I can get saving for something a bit tasty! Hence all these trips to dealerships :D

Aw that's gutting :( I suppose you could save and get a micra later on if you miss it, not exactly an expensive car to pick up :p

That's true, you'll be a while saving when you're going to Porsche dealerships! Haha :p

Needing to buy front disks and pads for the micra for before MOT this month

Anyone recommend somewhere to get them at a cheap price?

Not looking for any aftermarket/uprated sets, aslong as they make me stop I'm happy haha

Needing to buy front disks and pads for the micra for before MOT this month

Anyone recommend somewhere to get them at a cheap price?

Not looking for any aftermarket/uprated sets, aslong as they make me stop I'm happy haha
OE quality discs off eBay and EBC GreenStuff pads are recommended.

Try to get Nissan discs if poss :)

Knowthatfeel.

Last couple of year: Working for fuel money just to get to work to buy fuel...to get to work.

Back