Rudys Shed Thread

CMF_Rudy

» CMF Member
Hi everyone, started painting my little red machine last weekend and thought Id record its progress. Just finished priming it today.

1995 LX
tacho dash, pulsar switchgear( r/h blinker), popout r/windows + int trims, sup.S doortrims, USB player & Sony explods, lowered springs and shocks, pod filter, extractors, sports exhaust, replaced gearbox & clutch, done oil leaks, 2x engine mounts, heater blower card, resoldered throttle body

Still to fit, have complete rear disc setup, air con, custom grill, coming from Japan now a sup.S bar & lights + rear spoiler with tailight

Wishlist !!!, bolero/rumba taillights and rear bumper, hot motor, nicer wheels, swaybars

Special thanks to my mate Ed who without, this paintjob would never happen. Everybody should have a mate like Ed

CMF_Rudy

» CMF Member
primed with guide coat

Attachments

• 59320.jpg
    59320.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 30

CMF_Rudy

» CMF Member
Removal of rear wiper hole involved cutting a piece of steel abit larger than hole. Cleaning around hole with wire wheel both sides, and same with patch. Then all surfaces were tinned using a hot air blower and solder. The patch was then held in place using a wired in oil filter remover. The hole was then filled in with a bigger bar of lead from Bunnings. Then filed back

Neat trick Eddie, works for doorlocks too

Attachments

• 59397.jpg
    59397.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 24

CMF_BEN129

» CMF Member
after prepping my last 2 cars for paint my heart goes out to you, most menotonus, time consuming, knuckle scraping finger blistering jobs on the plant (if u do it properly, which u seem to be)

I said it after the skyline, then said it again after the s13, that i would never paint another car... but sure i will attack the k11 eventually.

Good news is... its about half the size of any other car :)

goodluck come time to paint!

CMF_Rudy

» CMF Member
Towed her to Medowie Smash saturday morn, spent the next 2 1/2 days getting her blocked down and painted, come up big.

Special thanks to Darko of Medowie Smash for making his booth and workshop available to us

the pics will be out of order with the paintjb first and the prep pics tommorow

Attachments

• 59610.jpg
    59610.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 33
Back