removing gunk after taking the side strips off

i think you can get something called caramel wheel or something like that that attaches to a drill? Frank suggested it to me!

nah it'll be fine, just dont go too mad with it!
Also frank, where would you get these as i just looked on beay and i cant find one but i might not be searching the right thing!

MM

a bodyshop/paint supplier,s, or maybe halfords
and, yeh, not too fast a drill-speed, or you might burn the paint

I tried bug & tar remover on my Green K11 and it didnt take the foam off :( I got hold of a Caramel Wheel off my sprayer (got it for 5 quid) and it took it off straight away.

++ WARNING!! ++\

Do not use a gas powered drill to remove it as the speed of it will take your paint off.Use a normal DIY drill (mains or battery).

Use auto glym, active insect remover, leave to soak for 5mins and get a credit card and work away, will come off easy!

ah right Im sure I can get that from halfords, would turtle wax bug and tar work as well or even halfords own brand>?

well unless I was planning a respray which Im not, being way to expensive, cost of a respay I could buy another car lol

i used a spray wax, it was really good! just sprayed it on, and got a credit card. i did both sides in a good 3hours. well i did one side, got up in the morning and did the other lol.

Good!

Just spray it on in good quanity, it should come out in like a foam/liquid type

If you have any other defects on the car paint, like oil exhuast crap on the rear bumper spray this on and it will come off with a good wipe :)

It seems to be taking forever. If I can get a eraser wheel wouldnt that be quicker?

Just bought a eraser wheel of ebay, Il see how it is when it come gotta be quicker

When I did mine I got a can of stuff from halfords called 'Sticky Stuff Remover'.

Got the gunk off fine after leaving around 5 mins and scraping with a credit card! Only thing I got was the paint underneath was darker. So I have 2 dark stripes down the side :(

I took it off to respray my car only to discover that someone had resprayed the whole car and masked around plastics so i had two lines down the sides which were uneven. I just used a dual action sander and primered it and prepped it for paint lol. I used an eraser wheel from wurth UK took it off in 2 minutes.

Hey guys, just a Q about the bump strips.

I have a 1997 K11, do the strips leave any holes or anything on the doors when they are removed?

Incidently, I removed the bump strips from my Mondeo before i sold it and got a Micra...

The wheel you guys were talkin about is also called a toffee wheel or an eraser wheel.

I got the stucky stuff off the Mondeo using a mix of the toffee wheel in a dril and some Tar spot remover... didnt take me that long.

For some reason though i thought the Micras strips left holes in the door so I never bothered tring to remove them.

If someone lets me know they dont, then ill have em off in a jiffy!

Cheers!

Back