prefacelifting a facelift??

Simonh

Midlands Rep
this has been spoke about many times but is it as easy as people make out...new wings...new lights...new bonnet and now bumper i understand all that...but does it all just fit straight on or will it need modifying??

this has been spoke about many times but is it as easy as people make out...new wings...new lights...new bonnet and now bumper i understand all that...but does it all just fit straight on or will it need modifying??

Prefacelift cars look lush with facelift bumpers.

My friend done it, he had a 1993 1.0 Tropic with the 2002 Sport+ Facelift bumpers. Looked amazing, was hard to fit but eventually done it.

All the parts line up ok, but you need a prefacelift bonnet catch and towing eye too. You'll have to do some filing to get the bonnet catch sat right, and play around with the panels til it all lines up (I've still to do this :( ) The wiring for the lights will also need some modification, You'll have to ask Napster about that though.

everything went fairly well with body panels. just light wiring caused abit of a problem, but all turned out ok in the end.

naps

Prefacelift cars look lush with facelift bumpers.

My friend done it, he had a 1993 1.0 Tropic with the 2002 Sport+ Facelift bumpers. Looked amazing, was hard to fit but eventually done it.

i am pretty sure if you go fitting a facelift bumper to a prefacelift you will be left with gaps under the grill where the headlights used to be.

Back