inserting my cupholders.

CMF_DECIM8

» CMF Member
Double sided tape is the stuff. You need automotive double sided tape. Check out bunnings designed for side skirts. You also need to let it set overnight.

CMF_DECIM8

» CMF Member
Try use acetone on the dash or wax and grease remover. Sounds like you've hit the dash with the old armor-all which is crap and is full of silicone.

CMF_DECIM8

» CMF Member
Not really.. consider women use it on there makeup etc. I use it on everything even paintwork. just use soap after you put it on paint lol

CMF_mipcar

» CMF Member
The cup holders probably vary a bit in the mouldings, mine did not sit very flat so I modded it a bit underneath. did not use any sort of blue but to the cupholder itself attached soft rubber strips so it wedges into place but can still be lifted out.

CMF_BeeBoop

» CMF Member
DECIM8 WROTE:

"Try use acetone on the dash or wax and grease remover. Sounds like you've hit the dash with the old armor-all which is crap and is full of silicone.

Use Isopropanol (Isopropyl Alcohol) it will remove any traces of silicone residue from the Armor All. Do NOT use Acetone or Wax & Grease remover! It is not good for your dash! You can get Isopropanol in a little green bottle called "Isocol" i believe with a picture of a Croc on the bottle, from your local supermarket in the medical supplies area.

I work will chemicals all day long. Don't ignore this. :)

CMF_sikK11

» CMF Member
Why is Wax and Grease remover bad for your Dash. I have had no issues with it at all. The acetone yeah i have seen it melt plastics before but not wax and grease/prepsol

CMF_DECIM8

» CMF Member
Its bad no doubt but only if you bath the dash in it. I dont recommend using thinners on your dash as I used it on my number plate today.. let say im missing the black now lol

CMF_BeeBoop

» CMF Member
sikK11 WROTE:

"Why is Wax and Grease remover bad for your Dash. I have had no issues with it at all. The acetone yeah i have seen it melt plastics before but not wax and grease/prepsol

You had to ask.. lol. :p

Typical break-down of Wax & Grease Remover:

Naphtha petroleum >60 %
Xylene 10-20 %
Ethyl-benzene 1-5 %
Isopropanol 1-5 %
Toluene <1 %

Now out of the above list there is only one constituent in Wax & Grease Remover i would use on MY dash.

Naphtha WILL work, don't get me wrong. But it is not something i would consider safe on all plastics.
The Isopropanol however is, you can rub it as hard as you like and you won't cause any damage. That is why i suggested it.

It's not my car, use whatever you like... :D

CMF_mipcar

» CMF Member
BeeBoop WROTE:

"sikK11 WROTE:

"Why is Wax and Grease remover bad for your Dash. I have had no issues with it at all. The acetone yeah i have seen it melt plastics before but not wax and grease/prepsol"</div>

Typical break-down of Wax &amp; Grease Remover:

Naphtha petroleum &gt;60 %

Xylene 10-20 %

Ethyl-benzene 1-5 %

Isopropanol 1-5 %

Toluene &lt;1 %

Now out of the above list there is only one constituent in Wax &amp; Grease Remover i would use on MY dash.

Naphtha WILL work, don't get me wrong. But it is not something i would consider safe on all plastics.

The Isopropanol however is, you can rub it as hard as you like and you won't cause any damage. That is why i suggested it.

I may stand to be corrected here but isn't Toluene & Xylene considerend to be carcinogenic?

CMF_BeeBoop

» CMF Member
mipcar WROTE:

"BeeBoop WROTE:

"sikK11 WROTE:

"Why is Wax and Grease remover bad for your Dash. I have had no issues with it at all. The acetone yeah i have seen it melt plastics before but not wax and grease/prepsol"</div>

Typical break-down of Wax &amp; Grease Remover:

Naphtha petroleum &gt;60 %

Xylene 10-20 %

Ethyl-benzene 1-5 %

Isopropanol 1-5 %

Toluene &lt;1 %

Now out of the above list there is only one constituent in Wax &amp; Grease Remover i would use on MY dash.

"</div>

I may stand to be corrected here but isn't Toluene &amp; Xylene considerend to be carcinogenic?

There seem to be some evidence supporting the fact that they could possibly be a carcinogen. However they are not 'classified' carcinogenic.

Back