Bonnet won't shut...

Any help pleeease?

I've closed it and it won't lock shut, I've tried shutting it without the bonnet down and it doesn't lock, it bounces out.. any ideas please guys??

Did you drop the bonnet from a height to shut it?

chances are either the support bar bolt that attaches between the lock and crossmember has undone slightly (theres only one/two bolts attached at the lock end) and its letting the lock twist when you trying to lock it...or the whole lock mechanism as slid done very slightly...both just require undoing the bolts and repositioning the lock before tightening everything back up. (iirc the bolts are a 12mm.)

Or i guess you may just need to grease the lock. (try that first, cos its less fiddly :) )

Thanks will pop out and try now

Did you drop the bonnet from a height to shut it?

chances are either the support bar bolt that attaches between the lock and crossmember has undone slightly (theres only one/two bolts attached at the lock end) and its letting the lock twist when you trying to lock it...or the whole lock mechanism as slid done very slightly...both just require undoing the bolts and repositioning the lock before tightening everything back up. (iirc the bolts are a 12mm.)

Or i guess you may just need to grease the lock. (try that first, cos its less fiddly :) )

Fixed thanks dude, Had to take it off, grease it up and put it back on a tad higher, caught my hand when it slipped but worth it :D

Back