1.4 sport+ cams

You can just fit the inlet as I believe that it it the same part as on the cubes, which allegedy gave a nice little diffrence.

Surely the exhaust am could be slotted, htouhg?

Craig

but dont piper cams require alot of work like better injectors and remapping and different ecu??

piper cams need special oversize shims (expensive), or you can fit ground down stock shims under the buckets.
my autosprint inlet cam has had extra reprofiling, and has stock shims above and below the buckets

but dont piper cams require alot of work like better injectors and remapping and different ecu??

Nearly Every Engine modification works a lot better with engine mapping. You don't need a different ECU, in most cases (pre 2000) the stock ECU can be mapped.

piper cams need special oversize shims (expensive), or you can fit ground down stock shims under the buckets.
my autosprint inlet cam has had extra reprofiling, and has stock shims above and below the buckets

i dont understand any of that? sorry im not good with all the terminology? can u explain?

1.4 and 1.3 have same duration and whatever the other thing is anyway

No they don't, I have the pics to show it somewehre too.

Craig

Apologies for the hijack, but how stable is it to have extra shims under the bucket? Also how do you add material above the bucket?

Thanks

Apologies for the hijack, but how stable is it to have extra shims under the bucket? Also how do you add material above the bucket?

Thanks

the ground down ones (in the exhaust buckets) have been in about 8 months now craig, and you can have oversize shims made, but they have been known to spit out apparently :glance:

I did hear recently there was a set of pre owned/used 264deg race cams (out of a race/track march) going forsale in Japan...but youd be in the same boat as the pipers id suspect and you probs be looking (at a guess) atleast £300 (+any customs etc) once theyd arrived over here...so probs not to cheap either. :)

We sell brand new cams for the Micra. They are the 773 rally cam. It has the same base circle as your standard cams so you can use standard Nissan shims to correct the valve clearance should it be necessary. £492.03

Matt

773 Rally cam Spec Nissan Micra

Timing Data

Duration V/L V/C F/L LATDC

Inlet Open 26 BTDC Close 58 ABDC 264 9.09mm 0.210mm 106 1.70mm

Exhaust Open 58 BBDC Close 26 ATDC 264 9.04mm 0.254mm 106 1.65mm

Rocker Ratio = 1.00 : 1

Overlap = 52 Deg

Timing = Valve timing figures, measured in crank degrees

Duration = Total duration, measured in crank degrees at end of ramp

VL = Valve lift measure in mm

FL = Valve full lift measured in crank degrees ATDC inlet, BTDC exhaust.

LATDC = Valve lift at top dead centre measured in mm

I hope this makes sense, I can not seem to line up the headings e.g VL, FL etc.

These cams are being used in rally cars producing 130bhp + on single mass air flow meters.

all thanks to Matt, i was just passing on info i'd found but could not varify - its always better to have such details straight from the horses mouth (so to speak)...

Back